Saturday, June 6, 2009

Self tested pick me uppers you can do at home

Lately I've noticed that not just me but actually the majority of the people I know are going through it right now. Everybody's broke and everybody seems like they are borderline depressed. All my friends are extra moody and on edge so I decided to make a list of things to do when your feeling blue that are guaranteed to turn the frown upside down. (WARNING: Results may vary from person to person, happiness not guaranteed, if trying any of these activities makes you dizzy or gives you a penile erection for longer than 16hrs see your local physician, witch doctor or shaman for immediate consultation)
1. Get a sharpie and draw smiley faces on everything in a bottle or container example: condiments, shampoos, liquid soaps, bottled water so on and so forth. Don't just give them all the same face either. Think about what it is your giving a face to and let the way they smile be reflective of their personality. Like the salt shaker might have a sneaky little smile while the pepper shaker has a toothless grin. I can't explain why this works but there is something about walking into a room and having all your stuff smile at you that puts a smile that will lift your spirits every time you walk into that room.
Grand Forks, ND Pictures, Images and Photos
2. Find something you can follow weekly or monthly example a tv show, a book series that is pretty far into the series, or my favorite a comic book released monthly. Why this works is it gives you something to focus on that's not your problems and it all so give you something to treat yourself with, What better way to tell yourself I love you than a nice treat every week or month. Plus you get to spent time with yourself and not think about what's been bothering you. I suggest reading Fables it's my favorite monthly comic book and it's never delayed.
Fables Pictures, Images and Photos
3. I think this next only might only be for the artsy types but something that always make me feel better is to create something new. It could be art I made are something I wrote but it give me a sense of accomplishment that makes me feel worth a damn even at my lowest moments. "But what if I don't have any talent?" some poor talentless soul out there is asking themselves right now. My answer to that guy is who cares if it's good just finish it you still feel like you accomplished something.
4. Is a more mental one. Talk to yourself. Tell yourself things great things about yourself, give yourself compliments, and look in the mirror and say I love you. Yeah it might sound kind of shallow and conceited but if makes you feel good. You have to be your own friend.

One thing I have to remind myself of especially lately is that my feelings come from me if i am sad something made me sad and I wont be happy again until I allow myself to be. I have done everything on this list and it usually works for me granted even if only for a while.

3 comments:

whateveryouwantittosay said...

I love these tips, especially the first one. (LMAO at the disclaimer!)

~Kymmy~ said...

Thumbs Up!!

Monsieur Funches said...

Booga, The first one is my favorite one too! you should see my kitchen when I'm when I'm down it looks like something from Disneyland lol

Thanks for the thumbs up Kimmy